IEE Code of Practice 3rd Edition (2008)
The Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment has been revised to reflect current best practice.
The changes to the CoP include:
- - Clarification on the type of equipment that is covered
- - Alternative and substitute test methods
- - A definition of the term 'Competent Person'
- - RCD trip time test
- - Microwave leakage testing
- - Clarification of the testing of detachable cord sets
- - Clarification of the testing of fixed appliances
- - A new illustrated section on common faults
Overall the format of the new edition is much improved with the inclusion of colour photographs and informative illustrations, it has also expanded by 56 pages to give much clearer guidance on all aspects PAT testing.